Date - July 20, 2016
6:30 pm until 9:00 pm
Columbus Park, Downtown Stamford
205 Main Street
Stamford, Connecticut, 06901
Cultural Pursuit members and guests are invited to join me to hear George Benson perform live onstage in Columbus Park, part of Stamford Downtown Association’s Wednesday Night Live Series. Bring a chair, picnic items and your beverage of choice (no glass, please) and join me for a great evening of music!
There are legends in the world of music… and then there are icons. Nat King Cole broke barriers and literally changed the face of music. Two decades later George Benson did the same by redefining the world of jazz by garnering the first platinum jazz album in 1976. In the universe of masters and mentors, the torch has never been passed as impeccably as from Cole to Benson. With Cole’s spellbinding voice and his unforgettable catalog of classic songs in the `50s and `60s, he paved the way for the level of tremendous international crossover success that dynamic ten-time GRAMMY winner Benson earned in the `70s to the present – from jazz to pop, and from instrumental innovator to vocal sensation.
From the website: stamford-downtown.com
Wednesday Nite Live (formerly Jazz-Up July) is an outdoor summer concert series with live music from national and regional headliners, which attract after work crowds and families. The series has been rebranded to “Wednesday Nite Live” from Jazz-Up July to attract a larger audience by offering various music genres.
YouTube: Pristine Raeign
Things you should know before you go!
- $10 Festival Entrance Fee, 12 and Under Free (payable at the entry area, near the intersection of Summer and Main Streets)
- As is City of Stamford policy, police reserve the right to limit entry due to crowd control, regardless of whether or not a patron has a ticket.
- If purchasing alcohol, Photo ID is required. (Valid and current motor vehicle operator’s license, identity card issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, or a passport along with another form of photo ID with Date of Birth).
- No entry through restaurant/bar/office back doors. Everyone must enter through single main entrance located on Main Street just east of Clark and Lower Summer Streets with multiple entry portals.
- Chairs and coolers allowed (subject to search). No glass please!
- Restricted Items: Glass, Bicycles, skateboards, weapons, firearms, illegal substances of any kind, cameras with detachable lenses, video cameras or recording devices of any kind.
- Rain Venue: Palace Theatre, 61 Atlantic Street, Stamford, CT
Please note: in the event of rain, this group event is subject to cancellation or modification – I will be in touch with the group the day before to confirm.
RSVP on Eventbrite